It is mandatory to cancel an order on the app for us to proceed with any formalities- notifying, refunding and more.
To cancel an order please go on My Orders and click on your order. You will see a cancel button on the top right corner of the screen. Click on that button to cancel your order.
1. Before last order time: If a Bhukkad cancels an order before the last ordering time has passed for that dish then there is no penalty and the money will be refunded to him either:
- A. in MyTree points if the order was against points
- B. an actual refund into their account if it was an online payment or via Paytm.
Note: It will take 5-7 days for your entire payment to reflect in his account.
- C. for Cash on Delivery orders , no payments have been made for the order so there are no refunds to be done.
For a Chef, since the order is cancelled before last order time - its assumed that chef incurs no losses and hence there is no compensation paid to the chef.
2. After last order time: If a Bhukkad cancels an order after the order time has passed, the Bhukkad loses 70% of the value, as the dish would already have been made. The balance 30% will be refunded to the Bhukkad in MyTree points only.
- A. If the payment was made online by credit card, debit card, net banking or Paytm, then 70% will be deducted from his account and 30% credited to his account as MyTree points immediately.
- B. If the payment mode is Cash on Delivery, the amount that is owed will be shown as outstanding in the Bhukkad’s account. The Bhukkad will have to settle this due amount the next time he/she places an order.
- i. If the next order is paid online, the Bhukkad will have to pay the previous order along with the new order.
- ii. If it is Cash on Delivery she will have to pay the cash amount to the chef with the new order. MyTree will collect it from that chef.
- iii. If a person cancels orders twice and defaults on the payment, the third order she places can be placed by paying online only. No cash payments will be allowed in such a case.
- C. If the payment mode is MyTree Points, then 70% of the points will be deducted from his account and 30% points will be credited back to his account immediately.
- D. If there is a combination payment of Online+ Points, the 30% will always be refunded in points and 70% will be deducted from the online payment and points if need be.
- E. If there is a combination payment of Cash+ Points, MyTree will first deduct your MyTree points up to 70% and the balance due will be collected from you with your next order.
- F. If a Bhukkad does not collect the order from a Chef without prior cancellation, it will be treated as a no-show and 100% of the total amount due will be deducted from the Bhukkad.
3. If an order goes wrong for any reason, please use the Support button to try and sort the issue. If the problem is still not sorted, you can send an email from the app and the Chapter Champion will get in touch with the Bhukkad and the Chef. Any decision on refunds will be taken by the Chapter Champion and MyTree will have the final say on such matters.
A dish once posted by a Chef cannot be cancelled by the Chef unless under extreme circumstances after consulting and informing the Chapter Champion.
1. If a Chef cancels a confirmed order before the order time has passed then the money will be refunded to the Bhukkad in his account.
2. If a chef cancels a confirmed order after the order time has passed, the Bhukkad gets a full refund along with 10 My Tree points that he can redeem on his next order.
3. A Chef who cancels a dish will not be penalized for the same as it is done only under extreme circumstances.
Note: Payments of Cancellation scenarios are initiated along with Chef Payouts that take place bimonthly via the Chapter Champion.